Addition to Community & Health Research Team

Viet-Hai in his new role as Research Assistant

Viet-Hai Phung has just joined the School of Health & Social Care working with Professor Niro Siriwardena as a Research Assistant. Viet-Hai’s profile is as follows:-

My name is Viet-Hai Phung and I joined the School of Health and Social Care as a Research Assistant in September 2011. I am currently undertaking a systematic literature review as part of an NIHR programme for applied research entitled Prehospital Outcomes for Evidence Based Evaluation (PHOEBE) which is developing new ways of measuring the Impact of ambulance service care. In addition to this, I am currently involved in the editorial process for the journal, Quality in Primary Care.

My academic background is in politics and research methodology. In addition, I have nine years’ experience of working in applied research across a range of public policy areas, including social policy, community safety, higher education and housing. I have undertaken policy evaluations for the public and voluntary sector. Prior to joining the School of Health and Social Care, I worked as a Research Associate for six and a half years at the Centre for Research in Social Policy at Loughborough University. I have a range of quantitative and qualitative research skills, as well as extensive experience of undertaking literature reviews and publishing for a range of audiences, including peer-reviewed journals and policy practitioners.