Community & Health Research Café held on 19 January 2011

The second Community & Health Research Café was held on 19th January in Bridge House, at which Coral Sirdifield presented her PhD research study “Offender Health, What role for the Probation Service”.   

Coral Sirdifield who presented her work at the Research Cafe

Corals presentation can be found here:  Research Cafe Presentation

Fiona Togher, Research Assistant in the School of Health & Social Care attended the Cafe and commented:   “Similarly to the first Café the session provided an excellent opportunity for the audience to learn about a research topic that may be new to them and to secure an increased understanding of aspects of research methodology.

Coral firstly talked about why she had chosen her specific area of study and the research questions that had been generated before moving on to focusing on the methods that had been selected and how the data had been collected.

The audience were not shy in asking questions and offering comments and suggestions which added to the positive atmosphere of the session. As a Master of Clinical Research student myself, I found the presentation fascinating and it certainly provided me with some useful tips for when I come to conduct my own thesis!

Overall the café was really enjoyable and I’m looking forward to the next one already…”

If you would like to attend the next research café, the purpose of which is to provide an opportunity for discussion about research in an informal relaxed friendly environment, please email Markos Klonizakis, mklonizakis@lincoln.ac.uk.   The next Research Café will be held on Wednesday 23rd February in the Main Building, MB1007.